Since highlighters became a thing, I’ve been in the hunt for the perfect one for me. I have tried several, but with my skin tone (medium/dark olive) it is not easy to find one that will really stand out.
I am presenting you here the ones that I have tried and at the end I will tell you which ones are my favorites and why.
- Sculpting trio contour – Younique
- Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle – MAC
- Star Powder #946 – Make Up Forever
- Naked Flushed in Strip – Urban Decay
- Tawny Shimmer Brick and Lip Kit – Bobby Brown
- High Beam – Benefit
- Gold Bronzing Powder – Bourjois
- Highlighting Palette in Cleopatra’s Kiss – Sleek Make UP
- Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette – NYX
Now, if I have to choose a top 3, it will be like this:
- Soft and Gentle by MAC because it really stands out beautifully and works will almost all skin tones
- Bobby Brown’s shimmer brick because it blends so well and looks very natural, still you can see the glow
- And the NYX strobe palette, because of the great selection of colors
The other ones are good products, but there is nothing really special about them.
I hope you find this useful and please, let me know which ones are your favorite highlighters, I am willing to try some new ones!